- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
- ¼ cup Water
- ½ cup Heavy Cream, heated until warm
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Fine Grain Sea Salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- In heavy saucepan (5 cup capacity), stir together the sugar, corn syrup, and water until the sugar is completely moistened
- Heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the sugar syrup is bubbling; stop stirring completely and allow it to boil undisturbed until it turns a deep amber; it will be around 350F degrees
- Immediately remove it from heat and slowly pour the hot heavy cream into the caramel; it will bubble furiously
- Use a high-temperature heat-resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon to stir the mixture until smooth, scraping up the thicker part that settles on the bottom; if any lumps develop, return the pan to the heat and stir until they dissolve
- Stir in the butter and salt; the mixture will be streaky but will become uniform after cooling slightly and stirring
- allow the sauce to cool for 3 minutes; gently stir in the vanilla extract
Here is a great option for a pot to use!
If you want to store your sauce in mason jars!